These tips will help make your stay in Abuja fun and memorable.
1. Wonderland Amusement Park: Go out with family and friends – or just yourself – to Wonderland amusement park. It has leisure gardens for relaxation, games and rides for all ages. It is a few minutes from the city centre, close to the National Stadium.
2. Millennium Park: This is the best place for you if you have friends that like picnic. Take your music and picnic box to Millennium Park at no fee and have fun in the nicely groomed natural park.
3. National Children’s Park and Zoo: The National Children’s Park and Zoo in Abuja has few animals and plenty of playgrounds and activities for children. The list of animals in the zoo vary but children will love it.
4. Jabi Lakeside: Jabi Lake is man made in the heart of the city. It offers the closest to beach experience within the city. By the Lakeside, you can also have picnic with friends, rent a boat cruise or ride on a horse.
5. Silverbird: If you love indoor fun and movies, Silverbird entertainment centre is the place to go. It has cinema, a game arcade, eateries and shops. It is a fun place to hang out with friends.
6. Gurara Falls: Gurara falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls near Abuja. The fall has amazing scenes of rock formations together with beautiful flora of evergreen trees and bushes, rivers, ponds and waterfalls all around you. All dry season the water is calm and you can swim in the small ponds under the falls. There are beaches for picnics.
It is worth seeing this Christmas. It is located between Suleja, just on the edge of Abuja, and Minna, the Niger state capital.
The beautiful thing about this trip is that you can make a stopover at the famous Zuma Rock in Suleja. It is a double barreled fun trip.